Last month Twitter unveiled a new design overhaul, which they were testing earlier this year. The Facebook-like design features that permanently launch later this month include:
• Larger profile photos: These are now 400 x 400 pixels.
• Twitter Header image: This is no longer viewed behind the profile image in the centre, now this banner spans the width of the page and sizes responsively at 1500 x 500 pixels.
• 3 column layout: Info/photos on the left , feed centre , trending on the right
• The tweets with the most engagement appear on the feed in a box.
• The ‘Pin to your profile page’ option allows any tweet to feature at the top of your stream, allowing brands to promote themselves more effectively.
• Any Photos tweeted will appear in the newsfeed automatically & larger than the previous version.
• Larger fonts: Tweets in the feed are now 13pt, popular tweets will show at 22.5
• Filter Option: Click between Tweets, Tweets & Replies
What are your thoughts on the new Twitter design?